For emergency issues, such as sewage spills, gas, heat, water, or electrical issues, etc., contact your resident advisor on call, or your community’s front desk, as soon as possible.
For larger, serious, and immediate dangers, contact the University Police Department (UPD) at 360-650-3555.
Routine repairs such as clogged sinks and toilets, burnt out light bulbs, broken blinds, leaky faucets, power outlets, light switches, heaters, etc., custodial actions in public spaces, furniture issues, and other maintenance related problems can be addressed by submitting a maintenance request below.
If you are having issues processing requests or need additional assistance, please email URFacilities@wwu.edu
When reporting a maintenance issue, you are giving WWU staff permission to enter your room/apartment in order to address the issue reported. Staff will follow University Residence knock protocol and leave a door tag upon completion of the specific actions performed (if residents are not present). If you have questions or concerns, please refer to your Housing Agreement.
On this page
Laundry equipment problems
Washer/dryer units within University Residences (UR) laundry rooms are furnished and serviced by an authorized vendor.
- If you are experiencing an equipment issue that requires immediate attention, please Request Laundry Equipment Service as soon as possible to ensure that repairs can be done in a timely manner.
- Please report any inadvertent washer flooding issues to Facilities Development and Operations (FDO) Customer Service Center at 360-650-3420 during normal business hours (weekdays 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. excluding holidays) or contact your community Resident Advisor On-Call after hours.
- If you have experienced damaged clothing issues, please submit your Clothing Claims Request as appropriate. Since laundry within UR is provided free-of-charge, you are not entitled to any refunds.
- Current usage status of washer/dryer units is available at each laundry room and online via
Other laundry related student resources are provided to you as reference below:
If you have any further questions or complaints regarding vendor equipment service issues, please direct these to URFacilities@wwu.edu.
Vending Machine Usage
If you experience a service issue or notice a broken vending machine, check the machine for the posted support information. If you have any further complaints or questions please direct these to Housing.Business@wwu.edu
ResTek is available to help troubleshoot network, TV, loung and computer lab issues for on campus residents. Visit ResTek for more information.
If you are locked out of your apartment, hall, or room, call the number above, available 24/7.
If you are missing your physical key or proximity key (card or fob) please report it to your community’s front desk immediately. Missing keys/prox cards are a security risk to you and your community. Reissuing keys can cost up to $725 depending on the number of doors and keys affected.
Broken doors and locks can pose a safety issue for your community and your room. Report issues to Facilities Department and Operations between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. weekdays at 360-650-3420, or the Resident Advisor on call after hours.
If your mattress is extremely dirty or damaged, email email@example.com to request a replacement. Please include your full name, email address, student ID number, building name, room number, a description of the problem and a photo that shows the damage.
If your furniture is broken, damaged, or you have any other inquiries, please submit a Maintenance Request
If you are experiencing a rodent, insect or animal infestation in your room/suite, please submit a Maintenance Request
- Beds that are tool free can be adjusted at varying heights from Low Single to High Single (Captain) configuration without a tool.
- Beds that are tool required can be adjusted to either a Low Single or High Single (Captain) configuration using a 1/2" socket wrench.
- Bring Twin XL sheet sets when you arrive to campus. The XL size easily fits most mattresses.
High Single (Captain)
Low single and high single (captain) beds are available in all communities.
High beds typically available only in:
- Triple rooms where space constraints require loft and/or bunk set-ups.
- In the Birnam Wood Apartments, each apartment's storage closet contains bed parts to support all bed configurations.
Available only by request.
- Extended beds are 7' 0" to 7' 6" in length
- Bring 2x Queen flat sheets when you arrive to campus
Please email bed-related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For high bed configurations, a bed safety rail & ladder is typically provided per bed. Residents are required to use this for their personal safety.
- In the Birnam Wood Apartments, each apartments closet contains bed parts to support all bed configurations. As such, proper bed set-up changes are done by residents.
- High bed configurations must use UR bed parts and are only authorized after approval from UR facilities.
- Students may use certified bed risers up to 8" to increase storage space under bed.