Resident Checkout Program
When moving on campus, residents gain access to a free library of over 3000 suggested essentials valued at $20,000, available for check out through the academic year in the residence halls. Resident Checkout Program is comprised of the short and long term check out items. Before buying for your residence hall, check out what is already available to you for free!
- By keeping items in use longer, we can make living on-campus more accessible and affordable.
- By reducing product and packaging waste, we can work to reduce our solid waste footprint within the residence halls.
- Fosters community engagement and comradery.
Each Residence Hall has their own set of inventories available for 24 hours check out to enhance your on-campus experience available at the front desks.
- Bring your Western ID Card to your Residence Hall’s front desk during posted business hours
- Check out for 24 hours
- Cleaned returns are accepted during desk hours
Categories of inventory:
- Pots & Pans
- Cooking Utensils
- Table Games
- Hand Carts
- Baking Supplies
- Board Games
For a full list of items available by community, look here: BITS Inventory
This inventory listed is current as of the start of the quarter and will be updated on that frequency. Please see your desk to confirm specific item’s availability
Popular room essentials are available for long-term checkout through the Residence Hall Reuse Program via donations from residents during move out. Items are available to residents quarterly or for the academic year. Residents can reserve items at any time for the remainder of the academic year.
- Small Appliances
- Twin XL Sheets
- Twin XL Comforters
- Storage Solutions
- Kitchen Utensils
- Pots & Pans
- Mattress Covers and Pads
- Rugs & Towels
- Shower Caddies
- Cleaning Supplies
- Laundry Hampers
- And More!
For a list of all items in Residence Hall Reuse, look here: RHRP Inventory
This inventory listed is current as of the start of the quarter and will be updated on that frequency. Please contact Housing.Sustainability@wwu.edu to confirm a specific item’s availability.
- View our Available Inventory and then complete a reservation form where the scrolling columns are indicative of specific item codes Note: If you need more information on a specific item (ie. picture, dimensions, etc.) please email Housing.Sustainability@wwu.edu
- Return the Residence Hall Reuse Program Liability waiver found in your confirmation email sent 24-48 hours after your reservation has been processed.
- Check your email to schedule a pick-up appointment that corresponds with your schedule.
- If at any time you no longer need to rent items, email Housing.Sustainability@wwu.edu as soon as possible to allow other students time to reserve and prepare.
- Pick up your items in Edens North first during your scheduled appointment.
Please note: Students are responsible for all transportation of rented items to their Residence Hall from Edens North.