Western Welcome Team Volunteer Program
No Volunteers for Fall
Thank you for your interest in the Fall 2020 Western Welcome Team.
To maximize our ability to adhere to safety distance guidelines, we will not have any volunteers this year.
Check back with us next year to find out more information for fall 2021 opportunities.
Be part of the move in team that welcomes over 3,000 students to their new home!
We have 300 student volunteers who help direct traffic, unload vehicles and move incoming students into their new room. Western Welcome Team is available to all Western students. You don’t have to live on campus to volunteer!
- Move into your room four days early at no additional charge
- Meet new people, make friends and help others
- Get your own legendary Western Welcome Team T-shirt
- Eat for free on the days you train and work:
- Monday, Sept. 14: dinner
- Tuesday, Sept. 15 through Saturday, September 19: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Sunday, Sept. 20: breakfast and lunch
- Greet and direct students and families as they arrive
- Keep equipment, materials and surfaces clean for students and their families
- Model social distancing and wear a mask at all times
- Direct traffic, communicate by radio, and monitor long wait times
- Maintain residential trash and recycling depots
- May unload vehicles and carry students' belongings to their rooms
- Shifts are four to six hours and include a lunch break
- Must be a Western student
- Must be energetic and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to work outside in the sun, rain or wind
- Ability to lift 30 pounds is preferred, but not required
- Must be receptive to training and willing to take direction
- Must be friendly and helpful to a diverse population of students and families
- Must be available to move in on Monday, September 14 (no exceptions) between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Must be available for training and work September 15-20 (no exceptions)
- Must be available work all shifts as assigned (no exceptions)