University Residences recommends arriving without a car the first quarter.
- Every residence hall is ten minutes from the campus center
- Western card serves as a bus pass for the Whatcom Transportation Authority (WTA) public transit system
- A late night shuttle to downtown and back to campus compliments the WTA schedule, and is included in your bus pass
- Smart car participation is available for students needing to run errands
- Bicycle storage is provided throughout campus and within each residential community
If you do bring a vehicle to campus visit Parking Services for information on Parking Permits.