HELPs Volunteer Program
Be part of the move in team that welcomes over 3,000 students to their new home!
You can be part of 300 student volunteers who help direct traffic, unload vehicles and move incoming students into their new room. We’re looking for new and returning students to sign up and you don’t have to be an on-campus resident to be a HELP.
HELPs sign up will be available May 31, 2019.
- Move into your room four days early at no additional charge
- Meet new people, make friends and help others
- Get your own legendary HELPs T-shirt
- Eat for free on the days you train and work
- Thursday, September 20: dinner
- Friday, September 21: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Saturday, September 22: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Sunday, September 23: breakfast and lunch
- Greet and direct students and families as they arrive
- Unload vehicles and carry students' belongings to their rooms
- Direct traffic, communicate by radio, and monitor long wait times
- Maintain residential trash and recycling depots
- Shifts are four to six hours and include a lunch break
- Must be a Western student
- Must be energetic and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to work outside in the sun, rain or wind
- Ability to lift 30 pounds is preferred, but not required
- Must be receptive to training and willing to take direction
- Must be friendly and helpful to a diverse population of students and families
- Must be available to move in on Thursday, September 19 (no exceptions) between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Must be available for training and work September 19–22 (no exceptions)
- Must be available work all shifts as assigned (no exceptions)