HELPS Volunteer Program
Be part of the move in team that welcomes over 3,000 students to their new home!
We have 300 student volunteers who help direct traffic, unload vehicles and move incoming students into their new room. HELPS is available to all Western students. You don’t have to live on campus to be a HELP!
Sign up for HELPS closed on Thursday, Sept. 5. If you would still like to arrive on campus early, see Paid Early Arrival.
- Move into your room four days early at no additional charge
- Meet new people, make friends and help others
- Get your own legendary HELPS T-shirt
- Eat for free on the days you train and work
- Thursday, Sept. 19: dinner
- Friday, Sept. 20: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Saturday, Sept. 21: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Sunday, Sept. 22: breakfast and lunch
- Greet and direct students and families as they arrive
- Unload vehicles and carry students' belongings to their rooms
- Direct traffic, communicate by radio, and monitor long wait times
- Maintain residential trash and recycling depots
- Shifts are four to six hours and include a lunch break
- Must be a Western student
- Must be energetic and have a positive attitude
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time
- Must be able to work outside in the sun, rain or wind
- Ability to lift 30 pounds is preferred, but not required
- Must be receptive to training and willing to take direction
- Must be friendly and helpful to a diverse population of students and families
- Must be available to move in on Thursday, September 19 (no exceptions) between 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Must be available for training and work September 19–22 (no exceptions)
- Must be available work all shifts as assigned (no exceptions)