For wired (Ethernet) connections, see instructions for setting up a wired connection.
Wireless (Wi-Fi) Instructions:
Note: Your Chromebook should automatically update itself when restarted. If you are having issues connecting to the wireless, you can manually check for updates.
- Network Settings: simple troubleshooting for a common problem
- Forget the Network: If you have previously connected to the WWUwireless-Secure network and have recently changed your Universal ID password, try forgetting the network to reset your network’s saved password.
1. Click the Wi-Fi button in the bottom corner of the screen.
2. Choose WWUwireless-Secure from the list of available wireless networks.
3. You will see the following form.
4. Use the following details:
EAP Method: Peap
Phase 2 Authentication: Automatic
Server CA Certificate: Do not check
Subject Match: Leave blank
User Certificate: None installed
Identity: Universal ID
Password: Universal Login Password
Anonymous Identity: Leave blank
5. Click connect!
Follow these troubleshooting steps to make sure your computer is set to automatically obtain an IP address from the network. If you are using these instructions to troubleshoot your connection, you should open your web browser and attempt to visit a website once you have saved the changes.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Menu button. This button is indicated by three horizontal lines or three dots stacked on top of each other.
- Click Settings.
- Under Internet connection click twice on the network you want to set the IP address for.
- Click the Network tab.
- Check the Configure automatically checkbox.
- Click Close.