University Residences

Residence Life - Most Frequently Asked Questions

The residence halls don't open until the Sunday before classes begin. I need to move in on Friday or Saturday. Is this possible?

For Fall quarter, you may register for early move-in by visiting the Early Arrival website.

No early move-in option exists for Winter or Spring quarter openings.

My son/daughter was supposed to call me when they got back to school, I haven't heard from them and it's Tuesday! Can you help?

Our staff is available at 360-650-2960 and will be happy to contact the student and ask that they call home.

I'm dropping below 10 credits, do I have to move out?

Generally, if this is the first quarter that you have dropped below 10 credits, you will receive a letter reminding you of our policy of housing full-time students. This letter will also refer you to campus resources that might be helpful such as Academic Advising and the Tutorial Center. If you are dropping below 10 credits for a second consecutive quarter, you will need to meet with your Resident Director to review your situation more closely.

I know that the Residence Halls close at 4:00 on Friday at the end of each quarter. Are there any exceptions?

Students who have extenuating circumstances that would make it difficult or impossible to move out by 4:00 p.m. on Friday should consult with the Resident Director well in advance.

Where should I park my bicycle?

Bicycle racks are available outside most residence halls. Some buildings have indoor bicycle storage facilities as well. Contact your Resident Advisor for more information.

Will you store my extra furniture?

All residence hall rooms are fully furnished. We are unable to provide storage for your "extra" furniture.

May I paint my room?

Students may not paint their rooms under any circumstances. All painting is by professional painters from the Universities Physical Plant.

What do I do if I get locked out of my room?

From 7:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m., contact the Resident Advisor who is "on-duty" in your building by calling the duty pager. During normal desk hours, please contact desk staff. During other hours, call University Police at 360-650-3555.

Where can I store my extra stuff?

The university does not offer on campus storage as space is limited. Bellingham offers many local storage facilities close to campus. To get you started in your search check out local storage companies.

If you have any special needs or accommodations, please call 360-650-2960.

How do I go about moving to another residence hall?

Contact your Resident Director to make this request.

How can I appeal my student conduct decision?

Complete the appeal form, which can be found in the email sent to you. This form must be submitted within five business days of the date on the conduct decision letter made by the conduct officer or board.

How do I apply to be a Resident Advisor ("RA")?

Advertising for the Resident Advisor recruitment and selection process begins at the end of Fall Quarter. That advertising will identify dates and times for Information Meetings that will occur in November, December, and January. Anyone interested in applying to be a Resident Advisor for the following year should attend one of these informational meetings, speak with a Residence Life staff member, or go to our application website

Comment on this Page

Home :: Jobs :: Contact Us :: Comment on this page

© 2014, Western Washington University