Maintenance Requests

When a student reports a maintenance issue, they are giving permission to WWU staff to enter their room/apartment to provide service to repair/replace the reported issue. If you have questions or concerns, please refer to your Student Housing Agreement.

For routine repairs such as clogged sinks and toilets, burnt out light bulbs, broken blinds, leaky faucets, etc., students must fill out their own maintenance requests in ReADY.

For custodial issues, please send an email to

If you suspect there might be a rodent, insect or animal infestation in your room/suite, please submit the issue in ReADY.

For emergency issues, such as sewage spills, gas, heat, water, or electrical issues, etc., students should contact their RA, or the RA on call, as soon as possible.

Your Resident/Community Advisor on call can be found on your Residential Community page.

  • RA on call: Desk is open 1 p.m. - 9 p.m. daily
  • Birnam Wood and New York Apartments:
    CA on call - Desk is open Monday-Friday: 4 p.m. - 9 p.m. | Saturday-Sunday: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.

For larger, serious, and immediate dangers, contact University Police Department (UPD).

Broken doors and locks can pose as a safety issue for your community and your room. Report issues to Facilities Maintenance between 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. weekdays at 360-650-3420, or the Resident Advisor on call after hours.

If you want bed parts, you will need to go to the bed parts room in your community to receive them. Bed parts will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. You can bring your own wrench to help set up your bed, or check one out from the front desk. You will need size ½” if you bring your own.

If the bed parts you need are not available, your name will be placed on a waitlist. If parts come in, you will be contacted by UR Custodial staff and a time will be scheduled for you to pick them up.

Please refer to the Bed Assembly Instructions for Standard Bunking Lofting Beds.

Bed parts are available in these areas ONLY:

  • Alpha (RA226)
  • Delta (RD413)
  • Edens Hall (EH147)
  • Edens North (EN345)
  • Fairhaven Stack 4 TV lounge (FX413)
  • Higginson (HG394)
  • Highland (HI02)
  • Kappa (RK331)
  • Mathes (MA7)
  • Nash (NAB2)
  • Omega & Sigma (RO114B)

Dates and Hours of Operation

Bed Parts Checkout

Bed parts are not distributed during intersession. Residents can request bed parts from their area’s custodial supervisor from Jan. 7 through Jan. 18.

Returning Bed Parts

Residents must return checked out bed parts and assemble their bed in its original configuration. Residents must set up an appointment to return bed parts with their area’s custodial supervisor.

North Campus

Tina Lopez | 360-650-3942 |

The Ridge

Jim Hillyard | 360-650-3952 |

South Campus

Hong Pham | 360-650-3703 |

If your furniture is broken, damaged, or you have any other inquiries, please email

If you experience a service issue or notice a broken Laundry or Vending Machine, check the machine for the posted support information.

If you are locked out of your hall or room:

  • 9:00 p.m.-7:00 a.m. - RA on call (if no answer, contact UPD at 360-650-3555)
  • 1:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. - Your hall's front desk
  • 7:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. - UPD (360-650-3555)

If your mattress is extremely soiled or damaged, email to request a replacement. Please include your full name, email address, student ID number, building name, room number, a description of the problem and a photo that shows the damage.

If you are missing your key or fob please report it to your hall’s front desk immediately. Missing keys/fobs are a security risk to you and your community. Reissuing keys can cost over $300 depending on the number of doors and keys affected.

University ResTek is available to help troubleshoot technological issues for on campus residents. Email: or call 360-650-2946 for assistance.