BTE Water Temperatures
Monday, Dec. 4 Update:
Facilities Management must continue hot water work over the academic break in some suites from Monday, Dec. 16, 2019 through Thursday, Jan. 2.
Suites ending in X66
Workers and painters may be in your suite between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 16 through Friday, Dec. 27. Residents are welcome to stay in their suites during the dates indicated above.
Suites ending in X67
Facilities Management will be opening the walls in your suite in hopes to resolve the hot water issues in your building. You will not be able stay in your room from Monday, Dec. 16 through Friday, Dec. 27.
Residents are welcome to move back to their suites on Dec. 27, 2019. Workers and painters may be in your suite between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 27, 2019 through Thursday, Jan. 2, 2020.
Please check your student email for more details about housing options over break.
Buchanan Towers East is currently experiencing varying water temperatures in some of the sinks and showers throughout the building.
Facilities Management will continue to troubleshoot the varying water temperatures throughout the building which may require entering student rooms and intermittent water shutdowns.
Students are encouraged to use alternate sources of water to shower and clean dishware until reliable hot water is restored.
- Wade King Rec Center
- Gender neutral shower on the third floor of Buchanan Towers
- Carver Gym
- Community kitchen on the third floor of Buchanan Towers
- Sixth floor and eighth floor kitchenette in Buchanan Towers
- Varying water temperatures
- Intermittent water shutdowns
- Construction related noise
- Staff entering student rooms
- Students may need to relocate to temporary or permanent housing