1. Vacate and clean your share of the space
Leave your room clean and properly assembled. If you checked out bed parts, please leave them in your room. UR Facilities will remove the bed parts for you. Please return your bed to its original configuration if you are capable of doing so. Anything you leave behind will be marked as lost & found and removed at your expense.
2. Turn in self-checkout envelope
Fill out front of envelope, seal your keys inside, and turn in one of three ways:
- At your building's front desk when open (check your Residential Community page).
- In key envelope drop box near front desk if available
- At Housing Information Desk in the Edens Hall lobby (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
When other options are not available, contact your RA on-call to make arrangements for turning in your keys. Failure to turn in keys may result in re-key charges of up to $500.
3. Stop using your meal plan
If you are moving out of a residence hall, your meal plan will automatically terminate on the day you check out. Using your meal plan after your checkout date will result in additional charges. If you are moving out of an apartment, email email@example.com to cancel your optional plan.
4. Redirect your postal mail and packages
If you are moving off of campus completely, inform Western of your new mailing address by updating Web4U; please wait 3-5 business days after checking out before you can make this change.