Card Production Assistant
The Western Card is the official meal, library, vending, and copy card for the campus, as well as the student bus pass. We also produce and distribute identification badges and nametags for use by various university departments.
- Produce Western Cards for students, staff, and faculty using a digital camera, personal computer, and specialized card printer.
- Process large numbers of people through the card production lines in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Produce badges and nametags for various departments on campus.
- Produce passport photos that adhere to government standards.
- Answer questions about the use and need for a Western Card, both over the phone, via email, and face-to-face.
- Process requests for replacement Western Cards.
- Troubleshoot computer problems and printer errors.
- Answer multiple unrelated questions.
- Complete office tasks such as filing, answering the phone, processing copy services requests, sending emails, and monitoring supplies in the office.
- Place high priority on respecting the privacy and confidentiality of students, staff, and faculty.
- Encode and replace student bus passes.
Terms of Position
We are currently hiring one student to begin paid training immediately and to work thereafter through the academic year and beyond, with the opportunity to work until graduation from Western.
Runners up will be considered for a possible opening during fall quarter 2018.
Working summer quarter 2019 is available but not required.
The Card Office is open for business between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Staff members are scheduled for regular weekly shifts, for an average of 5-15 hours per week during the academic year, according to staffing needs and staff availability outside of classes. Summer hours are also available, ranging between 5-40 hours per week. Additionally, all staff are required to attend a one hour weekly staff meeting. These are scheduled between 5:00-6:00 p.m. or 7:00-8:00 a.m.; the day varies according to staff availability.
This position requires that you are here at least four more quarters. You do not have to be registered for classes during summer, but you must be enrolled for the following fall quarter.
- Ability to provide efficient and courteous service to faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with others.
- Great attention to detail.
- Comfortable with computer technologies and willing to learn about new technologies and programs.
- Experience with personal computers, databases, and/or Microsoft Office suite.
- Creativity and proven ability to take initiative.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain a minimum of ten (10) credits per quarter for undergraduates, and eight (8) credits for graduates during the entire duration of employment. (Applies to Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarter)
- Must maintain a minimum 2.00 cumulative grade point average.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).