Decorating or Personalizing Your Space
No sign or display of any kind shall be visible to the outside public, (like a door, balcony, etc.) of a residential living space. Limited exceptions exist for lights attached around the perimeter of the window, signs or displays supporting events sponsored by the hall council, resident advisors or approved by the resident director. Residents are permitted to display items on their room doors including decorations and white boards to promote a positive living experience.
When decorating interior rooms and room doors (not visible to the public), please refer to the guidelines below:
- Avoid material that a reasonable person might find offensive.
- Don’t post material that attacks, demeans, or otherwise exploits an individual or group of individuals.
- Do not permanently affix materials to the doors.
- Refrain from using non-recyclable materials.
- Flammable materials such as candles, incense, or decorations made from vegetation are prohibited. See prohibited items.
University staff reserve the right to ask students to remove any decorations from walls, doors, windows, balconies, floors, etc. Failure to comply with such a request will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.