Under the direction of the Occupancy Administrator, the University Residences Housing Information Desk is an academic year position with most students returning to the position every year until graduation. Summer full-time hours are available, and applicants with summer availability may be given priority. Position hours vary between 5-15 hours per week and are adjusted to meet class schedules. Some priority for hours is given to students based upon tenure. Position available to both work-study and non-work-study students!
- Application currently closed.
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Familiarity with MS Office suite
- Punctual and dependable
- Lived on campus for at least one quarter (or registered to live on campus)
- Previous customer service experience
- Available to work the entire academic year
- Create friendly and knowledgeable atmosphere at University Housing Information Desk
- Greet and direct lobby traffic
- Initial contact for department information via phones and email
- Assist Housing staff with business tasks including daily filing, mail room oversight, and other duties/special projects as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
Must meet student employment credit requirement of six credit hours. Conduct violations may result in termination.
Academic year hours: 5-15 hours per week.
Paid training is provided. Current hourly wage is $15.74 for both work-study and non-work-study students.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Western Washington University does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, WWU, Old Main 345, MS 9021, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360-650-3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); firstname.lastname@example.org.