Housing Ambassadors are members of the Housing marketing team. As tour room hosts, they interact with a diverse range of prospective students and their families. Trained and supervised by University Residences marketing staff, ambassadors showcase their room on tour days and provide a unique student perspective on Housing’s social media.
*Showrooms are located in Buchanan Towers, Edens Hall, Edens North, Fairhaven Complex, Higginson Hall, Mathes Hall, Nash Hall, Ridgeway Beta and Ridgeway Kappa. Housing Ambassador candidates must be willing to live in any showroom.
On this page
- Showcase your room for prospective students, their families and others during organized tour days and special events
- Maintain your room in a condition that is neat, clean and inviting
- Ensure is open and ready on tour/event day
- Talk about the benefits of living on campus
- Log visitor data through an online form
- Attend all meetings and training sessions
- Photograph five campus events enhanced by living on campus
- Must be willing to live in any showroom location
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work independently with a high degree of reliability
- Welcome prospective students, families and other visitors into your room during scheduled tours
- Maintain good academic and conduct standing with the university
- Learn about housing and dining at Western
Terms of Employment
Dates of employment: September 22, 2019 through June 13, 2020
Compensation: An approximate annual salary of $1,488, divided evenly across 17 pay periods, equivalent to $15/hour.
Hours of work:
- Discovery Days | Most Fridays from 2:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Western Fall Welcome | 6 hours (Saturday date and time to be determined)
- Western Preview | 6 hours (Saturday date and time to be determined)
- Alumni Weekend | 3 hours (Saturday date and time to be determined)
- Eight – 10 hours of paid training (dates and times to be determined)
Housing assignment: Your housing assignment is determined by University Residences. Termination of employment will result in housing reassignment. Housing Ambassadors may move in early for free starting Friday, September 20, 2019, between 1-5 p.m., in order to set up rooms and settle in.
Roommates: If you have a desired roommate, both of you must be housing ambassadors in order to room together. If you do not have a desired roommate, another ambassador will be assigned as your roommate.
As a campus resident, you must maintain compliance with University Residences policies and procedures.
As a student employee, you must maintain compliance with the Student Employment Handbook.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).