This position is available in WWU’s Office of University Residences. Successful candidates will be quick learners and have an aptitude for computation and analysis. The Student Accounting Assistant reports to the University Residences Fiscal Analyst and works an average of 15-19 hours per week. Starting wage commensurate with experience, but the position typically starts at Level 1 with opportunities for promotion based on the successful addition of more complex duties.
- Reconcile / review / audit PCARD transactions on JP Morgan Website
- Maintain PCARD User Log
- Schedule PCARD Ttraining as needed
- Print monthly system reports
- Maintain financial / reconciliation spreadsheets
- Provide minor report analysis
- Import system data into excel and prepare worksheets
- Manage the preparation and retrieval of archival documents
- Maintain hard-copy files of completed work
- Assist with audit preparations
- Filing, organizing and other various clerical support functions
- Cover the front counter when central staff is out of the office
Level 2: Level 1 duties plus:
- Meet with Hall Sstaffs to review budgets
- Perform moderate analysis from various reports
- Process charges / credits to student WWU accounts
- Assist students with questions about their student account
- Prepare receivables invoices
- Analyze and assign proper coding on financial entries
- Assist Fiscal Analyst with various accounting and analytical projects as needed.
Level 3: Level 1 and 2 duties plus:
- Conduct PCARD Training
- Calculate Deferred revenue
- Complete and upload journal entries into WWU financial systems
- Complete the analysis and balancing of the departments income statement
Required: Analytical and record-keeping skills with high aptitude for detailed tasks and the ability to quickly understand concepts involved in accounting. Ability to follow directions and work effectively with people. Must have a professional attitude and display good business ethics. Possess basic skills in Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis on excel.
Preferred: Bookkeeping and/or accounting experience. 2+ years of academic year availability.
Wage: Level 1 begins at $13.50 per hour
Interview Process: Applicants will be screened and finalists interviewed on campus. Please submit resume by Friday, February 14, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Western Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Inquiries may be directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity & Employment Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office, Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711 (Washington Relay); email@example.com.
WWU is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington Relay).