Housing's February Newsletter
It’s hard to imagine that Spring Break 2021 is just over a month away! Below you will find information about Housing Renewal, the Rec Center opening, maintenance updates, upcoming events and more as you prepare for final exams, projects and a successful end to winter quarter.
Housing Renewal April 1 - 15
The Housing Renewal application for current spring quarter residents is open Thursday, April 1 through Thursday, April 15. Applicants applying between April 1 – 15 are eligible for the Housing Renewal Lottery on Thursday, April 22.
Anyone who is not selected through the lottery is automatically placed on a housing waitlist.
University Residences knows the importance and desire for many WWU students to live on campus.
Please note: Western has not announced fall 2021 class instruction modality, and we will follow campus direction on space for fall 2021. A University update on modality is expected around mid-March 2021. We will have updates about fall Housing as we move throughout the application season.
Wade King Rec Center is Open (By Appointment Only)
The Student Recreation Center is currently open on a limited basis Monday through Saturday. They are accepting reservations for designated space throughout the facility through Microsoft Bookings.
Visit https://wp.wwu.edu/campusrec/ for more information or to make a reservation.
Check out this month’s Housing podcast Conflict and Safe Sex Education with our campus partners Prevention and Wellness Services.
URISE February Podcast: Conflict and Safe Sex Education
Take the Facilities Survey for a chance to win $50
Housing is conducting a bed audit to ensure bed safety and assess bed inventory. Complete the form below for your chance to be entered to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
Mark your calendars for Housing exclusive events in addition to events hosted for the Western community. If you haven’t already, log into win.wwu.edu/events for a list of all the WWU activities available to you.
(*) Available to WWU Residents only
- *Outdoor Fitness Classes (Rain or shine M,W,F from 2 – 3 p.m.)
- Outdoor Center’s Goose Chase (Feb. 15 – March 1)
- Leases, Deposits and Repairs: Your rights as a Tenant (Tuesday, Feb. 23 at 4 p.m.)
- Being a Great Neighbor: Home Safety, Garbage and Parking Off Campus (Feb. 25 at 3:30 p.m.)
- *Intramural Cornhole Tournament RSVP Required (Saturday Feb. 27 at 2 p.m.)
- Outdoor Center’s Waterfalls and Sandwiches (Wednesday, March 3 from 9 a.m. – noon)
- Off Campus Housing’s Virtual Housing Fair (March 4 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.)
- Great Puzzle Hunt (Saturday, April 17)
- *URISE Ready, Set, Rent!
- Wednesday, April 14 at 6 p.m. Link coming soon
- Thursday April 15 at 7 p.m. Link coming soon
- *URISE Alcohol and Drug Trivia Night
- Wednesday, April 22 at 6 p.m. Link coming soon
- Thursday April 23 at 7 p.m. Link coming soon
- *URISE Summer Job Hunting
- Wednesday, May 4 at 6 p.m. Link coming soon
- Thursday May 5 at 7 p.m. Link coming soon