Housing over Spring Break
WWU Official Communication: Action Required – Break Period Readiness Actions
This notice is provided to inform you that staff members will be performing varying actions during the break period to ensure that residential living spaces are safe and to identify vacant spaces that require cleaning and/or maintenance actions in preparation for a potential roommate who may arrive in the future in accordance with Housing During Break stipulations.
HEALTH & SAFETY CHECKS
On Friday, March 19 from 4 – 8 p.m., RA/AA staff will conduct room checks to ensure your room meets the necessary occupancy safety standards outlined in Community Standards.
VACANT SPACE READINESS
Cleaning, maintenance and inspections are completed to ensure rooms are ready for incoming residents.
- Two staff members will clean vacant spaces, typically one hour of work, with a follow-on inspection performed by a supervisor which takes roughly five minutes.
- All new room assignments are inspected by a manager. Staff may require additional visits to address maintenance and/or furniture issues.
Please note: All staff wear required personal protective equipment when entering your space.
Action Required: You must adhere to one of the following guidelines while staff perform work:
- Remain in your bedroom with the door closed and wear your face covering.
- Temporarily leave your living space while staff perform actions.
Staff will work from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on the following dates:
- March 11 – March 19: Spaces initially occupied in Winter quarter but are now vacant. Please note that work in Buchanan Towers suites and Birnam Wood apartments will be deferred until March 20.
- March 20 – March 26: Priority new room assignment actions for Spring Move In.
- April: Remaining vacant spaces that were not addressed in March.
- Appointments: UR Custodial will reach out to residents via email living in partially occupied suites or apartments to coordinate work slots as needed.
If you have questions, please email URFacilities@wwu.edu or contact (360) 650-3556.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.