University Residences

University Residences

Requirements & Eligibility

Application Opens March 1

New students applying for fall housing may begin using the application March 1. The priority application deadline is May 1.

Enrollment Requirement

Living on campus is completely optional for all ages and class standings. To be eligible for on-campus housing, undergraduate students must maintain enrollment in a minimum of 8 credits per quarter during the academic year, and 5 credits during summer quarter.

Housing Application Process

Since living on campus is optional, students who desire on-campus housing must adhere to the housing application process and timeline. While the application itself is free, payment of a $200 housing deposit is later required for applicants who are offered housing.

Duration of Residency

By accepting the Housing Agreement, you understand that if offered housing your residency would be for the entire academic year, or remainder thereof if you move in after the start of fall quarter. Moving out before the end of the school year will result in a contract breakage fee, except in cases of graduation, school withdrawal, study abroad or internship.

First-Year Guarantee for New Undergrads

New freshmen and transfer students who meet the housing deadlines are guaranteed housing their first academic year at Western, or remainder thereof if admitted midyear. Please note that late housing applications may be subject to temporary assignment or space availability.

Space-Availability for All Other Students

The following populations are granted housing on a space-available basis. Please note that if you are in one of these groups, your housing application may be placed on hold until availability is determined.

  • New graduate students
  • Students with dependents, a spouse or domestic partner
  • Students returning from a leave of absence or study abroad
  • Current students living off campus
  • Non-matriculated Western students
  • Students attending Whatcom Community College or Bellingham Technical College

Students Attending Whatcom Community College

For students who are attending Whatcom Community College or Bellingham Technical College with the intention of transferring to Western, we occasionally offer housing on a space-available basis. To discuss this unique housing option, you are encouraged to call us for details at 360-650-6565. Before you can apply for housing, you must first obtain a WWU ID number.

Comment on this Page

Home :: Student Jobs :: Contact Us :: Comment on this page :: Accessibility

© 2018, Western Washington University