Requirements & Eligibility

New students can apply for fall housing starting Feb. 1. New students who complete the housing application process by the appropriate deadlines are guaranteed housing their first year at Western (or for the rest of the academic year if admitted mid-year).

To live on campus, undergraduate students must be enrolled in a minimum of eight credits per quarter during the academic year, and five credits during summer quarter.

When you apply, you also accept Western’s Housing Agreement. The contract states that you plan to live on campus from your move in date through the end of the academic year. Moving out before the end of the school year will result in a contract breakage fee, except in cases of graduation, school withdrawal, study abroad or internship.

While new Western students receive housing priority, University Residences may grant housing requests to other student applicants as space allows.

If you are attending Whatcom Community College or Bellingham Technical College with the intention of transferring to Western and would like to live on Western’s campus, please call University Residences at 360-650-6565.